Well we definitely can't complain at all considering that we just spent 5 weeks of the summer in Canada for the first time in 7 months. What a crazy and busy summer for us but it was DEFINITELY worth it!! It was filled with so many trips and outings, Blue Jays games, patio dates, shopping and most importantly sunshine and cottages....sigh...i miss it already!
It was definitely bittersweet having to come back to the UK after the summer was over. It seemed to start off slow but then turned into this short holiday so it seemed. I loved all the time that I spent with my family and enjoyed every minute of it. I have to say you guys didn't make it easy to leave once the summer was over...I think I almost cried again but it's comforting to know that we will most likely be coming home again to celebrate Christmas. This will keep me going until December but to be honest, the days, weeks and months are just FLYING by right now.
Ah yes...the REAL life of a teacher...LOL...what a crazy thing this all is. I think we all knew exactly what we were getting into but at the same time you don't get it until you start teaching. WOW!!!! I tend to think of it as being some sort of superhero teaching all these kids. I know for me, I have 250+ students that I have to cater to but I have to say the positive is seeing the efforts of your preparation worth it when the kids love being in your class. That is definitely a pay off and is what teaching is all about - this is why I signed up for this job. Aside from all the stress and anxiety of getting everything together and staying focused, my job is amazing! I don't really get sleep during the week and am mentally and physically exhausted all the time until the weekend when I recover, but I love teaching music and sharing my knowledge with these kids. They aren't that bad once you get to know them and they do want to prove what they are capable of it's just adjusting to the odd few that don't care about being at school or producing any work.
Anthony has become a pro at this point with kids who don't want to be at school or do anything because his school is like the ones he first started covering when we came here. Anthony is working in Brighton at a PRU where all the permanently excluded kids are sent and spends most of his days restraining students and trying to keep them happy. It definitely hasn't been an easy road but soon enough the sun will shine and everything will work itself out. Despite the never ending entertainment Anthony gets out of teaching these kids, there are moments that make it all worth it.
Until next time...
Steph & Anthony xoxo
Life at the cottage wouldn't be complete without an amazing view off the dock!
Looking at the boathouse from the beach dock...
Decided to throw in a game of horseshoes to make things interesting!
Fishing boat waiting for it's fancy motor to catch some dinner
The lovely boathouse :)
The girls just messing with some photos - I'd say this one turned out quite well!!
Before we flew back out the UK, we thought we'd take some nice family pictures LOL
It just turned into the usual ridiculous nonsense it always does...but if it didn't it
wouldn't be my family!! Gotta love 'em!
Hahahahaha....showing off some dance moves!
Not really any better of a photo eh?
Getting better....slowly but surely...
Now THERE is a nice shot of the whole family <3
...and the wonderful attachments...
Favourite picture of the summer for me!!
We are all pretty darn awesome :) :) :)















No comments:
Post a Comment