...and so it continues. Each day brings new things and we are actually starting to figure out how to travel around everywhere!! It has been such a busy last week that I've almost started to forget about the blog all together and THAT would be awful!! I have to to keep remembering that from the views on our page that people are depending on these blogs so don't worry we will keep them coming.
APOLOGIES about this blog, I did finish and post it last Sunday HOWEVER, it deleted itself so I've had to start all over again....BRUTAL...but please read on... :-)
It's so hard to even think back to what happened in the past couple of weeks because there has been so much! It has been really nice out this week and for all of you that got snow, you can keep it!! We've had sunshine and warm weather for most of the week so we've been very grateful for that...however, there is always rain somewhere and we are definitely getting the brunt of it today - it's pouring outside and the rain hasn't stopped not to mention we're of course rocking back and forth as per usual with all this wind! But the best news of the week was dinner today - we actually had ROAST BEEF so we are trying to keep up the "Slessor Sunday" tradition. We actually bought a crockpot yesterday and it was so amazing to actually use it considering that we don't have an oven. We even had an abundance of meat left over so there was no need to ask mom and dad to send some by mail...LOL...
As for school this past week, I haven't done much teaching and Bexhill High School is pretty good even though I'm starting to get pretty sick of the commute. I had the pleasure of sleeping in on Thursday and missing my alarm so needless to say I was late for school that day and I ended up taking the wrong bus once I got to Bexhill. I ended up going all the way back to the station and walking 30 minutes all uphill just to get to the school that day - needless to say that was a BAD day. I did however on Monday morning get the chance to go to Pathways (smaller part of the high school for kids that get expelled from the main site or are there full time because they can't function in a large classroom). Keep in mind that the normal class sizes for Bexhill are anywhere from 75 - 90 students per class so it was interesting to have 3-4 kids in once class on Monday morning. I met the lady (Amanda) in charge of Pathways and it was great getting to know the students on a more personal level. They were asking questions about me and I about them, but I am only there for an hour every Monday morning (9 - 10AM). It's a shame that I don't get to spend more time with these students because I wish I could be there all day but I will be helping teach them literacy while I am with them. I'm pretty sure we're doing some boggle tomorrow morning -- good way to be able to find words so we'll see how that goes :)
As far as Anthony's week, he's had a few interesting stories to tell. It has been a challenging week but a good one - there is always something going on at his school. Anthony had to split up a fight this week which was definitely different and between a guy and girl. There is a student in his school who is continuously disruptive and decided that since he was in an argument and couldn't control his anger that he would raise a fist and punch the other student (girl) in the face. Anthony quickly intervened and stepped in between both of them and since the guy didn't like that he threw an entire jug of juice all over the girl and the back of Anthony. Needless to say, Anthony was furious and kicked sent the guy home for the day. This is the same kid who thought it was a good idea to throw a book at another teachers head the previous day. The student has now been put on another time schedule all together and will be in isolation for the future as he is incapable of working with other students. Nothing short of entertainment in a day at Anthony's school. Anthony also had the pleasure of dealing with a food fight in the cafeteria this past week. Instead of the students making lunch and serving all the teachers, like the do daily, the food ended up everywhere except for Anthony's plate. He was very hungry when he got home that day! Ah, the life of a teacher...just thinking how the students at home compare to here and it is such a different atmosphere.
This week we are lucky enough to experience our first "half term break" (1 week off). It has been soooooo nice not having to go to school this week Anthony and I definitely needed the break. We are starting to get into routine with everything and are really starting to get to know our way around the area (and the UK funny enough). We just got back yesterday from our trip to London which was amazing and will chat about in more detail in the next blog but it was so cool to experience something different and only have to travel an hour to get there!!! There is never enough time in one day to do everything you want to do in such a large city.
Here are some pictures we have that we've taken over the last few weeks in Brighton and here and there:
View from Brighton Pier of Brighton Beach
Me on the Pier (notice the old pier in the background - the really small, rusty, rickety iron shell of a pier) LOL...
Keep you eyes peeled for the next blog about our Day in London yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Anthony & Steph xoxoxo


No comments:
Post a Comment