Today is the start of a fresh New Year and many more changes for Anthony and I. We have now made it to Brighton officially! The train ride was great on the way here and we got to see a bit of central London on the way to the train station. Let me tell you, these bags are getting old...quick! I hope we find a place soon, I'm already sick of lugging everything around.
The train ride was SO great because we paid for First Class tickets, and then the train attendant told us that there was no first class, so he told us to get a refund (50% off). Life just gets better and better from this point on I'm sure. That is the second the time that we've got lucky on a train - first time was in Italy and we got moved to First Class. Ha!! What a great story...shouldn't expect this every time though, that would just be greedy :-P
Once we reached Brighton, we took another cab for a quick ride to our hotel and thank the LORD, literally that it was better than the one last night!! Our hotel is right on the water and I can see Brighton Pier from our room window. WOW!! I am so glad that this turned out because last night was an interesting one to say the least.
We got checked it right away and once we got up to our room, we were so happy that it is a normal sized room (we're so spoiled in Canada). The bed isn't much bigger but it works and it's much more comfortable than the one last night -- any bed would be! We decided to go out and walk around Brighton a little and grab a bite to eat. SO happy that we finally had our first Fish & Chips meal!! It was delicious!!! :) We will definitely coming back here for some more Fish & Chips.
We're calling it a night though and heading out to do some house hunting tomorrow, so wish us good luck and hopefully we find a flat tomorrow!! :) That would be lovely!!! :)
Cheers!
Steph & Anthony xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment